PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The role of Chief People Officer (CPO) will form part of the company Executive Team, reporting to the CEO, and will sit on the Executive Committee. The CPO will take leading role developing and delivering the people strategy required to underpin and execute the strategic objectives for the company, ensuring that the people aspects of the business keep pace with the entrepreneurial and client centred nature of the business.
The CPO will own all portfolios within the HR function including organisational development, talent management, learning and development, compensation and benefit management, employee relations and engagement and transformation
Additional important focus points will relate to leading design and development of initiatives and programmes to enhance our leadership skills and capabilities, reviewing and innovating HR practices, and deploying appropriate technologies to enhance HR operational delivery and improve effectiveness and efficiency for people management in general
The role requires a strategic people leader, with a practical approach to delivery, who has experience working in entrepreneurial, service environments. The ideal incumbent will be comfortable operating at a senior level, will have had tangible experience of working with executives and boards, will have the tools to influence and collaborate, and the ability to instil confidence and trust at all levels.
He/she will contribute to the enhancement and embedding of our company culture ensuring that the leadership keeps people at the forefront of all strategic decisions. Whilst having the ability to think strategically and the understanding and confidence to contribute to the wider business, he/she will also have the ability to communicate with people from all levels of the organisation, breaking down challenges into simple plain language and engaging people in the process of change throughout the company. The CPO will need to be accessible, supportive, nurturing and yet direct in engagements and be prepared to roll up his/her sleeves and get operationally involved.
The ideal candidate will have a background firmly rooted within the People and Organisational Development arena, but more importantly will be well rounded in general business practice, understanding the practicalities of people operations, skill development, and leadership and management in real world challenging environments. He/she will have had experience in similar service delivery environments. Exposure and experience within FMCG retail or logistics would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will have a flexible collaborative approach to work with a sense of personal ownership and accountability. He/she will inspire a culture of execution, positivity and resourcefulness, will have high levels of professionalism, integrity and authenticity but will also be comfortable to take appropriate risks when needed. He/she will be confident in expressing themselves, prepared to assert leadership when called for and comfortable with conflict.
Overall the ideal candidate will be a natural leader and inspiring manager who is straightforward and easy to work with and for.
- Solid knowledge of all facets of HR with specialized expertise in organisational development. Broad and deep experience as an HR Business Partner supporting executives or senior leadership.
- General business and financial acumen with the ability to develop and utilize HR data and metrics as they relate to and impact business areas in Finance, Legal, IT, payroll, and administration.
- Excellent communications skills - written, verbal and interpersonal - and an ability to tailor communication style to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated capability in adapting and innovating HR practices and solutions and right sizing them to the needs of a fast-paced organization.
- Results-driven, agile, change agent with the commitment and confidence to assume a leadership role in an evolving complex environment.
- Ability to drive initiatives with limited resources and hands on attitude to achieve desired results.
- Unquestionable personal integrity, fairness and credibility necessary to gain the trust and commitment of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- High levels of empathy
- Highly resilient
- Strong ability to critically evaluate situations, make decisions and manage people
Closing Date: 15th November