PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The position reports directly to the Primary Distribution Manager and the incumbent is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the Cross Border team.
- Diploma in Administration or equivalent.
- Two (2) years’ work experience in an administrative role in a cross-border transport & logistics environment
- Working knowledge of an accounting software, preferably Sage 300
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, especially excel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proactive and deadline driven
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Good problem – solving skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collecting & compiling Cross Border documents from the Procurement department daily
- Compiling transport document pack for submission to the Transport Administration Manager, ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Uploading PODs on Suppliers’ Transport Management Systems (TMS)
- Ensuring that orders processed on MacMobile are reflecting on Sage for proper inventory control and billing
- Closing off all loads in the TMS
- Assisting in the capturing of data for population of Cross Border sheets for billing purposes. This includes transport rates, loads, driver details, and customer information.
- Assist the Cross Border Administration Clerk as required, to include acting as a backup in his/her absence.
- Perform any other duties as may be reasonably assigned.
Interested applicants should submit certified copies of academic or profiency certificates and a detailed curriculum vitae to email@example.com before Thursday, 15th February 2024 at 1700Hrs.
Email subject should reference the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within two (2) weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.