PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
A Financial Accountant is responsible for serving as a team leader in the finance department and ensuring the department creates accurate and timely financial records for the organization. He/she supports financial decision-making information by collecting, analysing, investigating, and reporting financial data.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, with strong skills in reporting.
- 3 years’ experience in Financial Management, articled persons preferred.
- Completed auditing articles
- Newly qualified Chartered Accountant or soon to be qualified, CIMA qualified
- Advanced Excel is a must.
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably Sage 300
- Systems – Integrated Accounting Systems (Sage / SAP)
- Tax Knowledge – SRA and SARS
- Relevant Legislation – Company, IFRS, GAAP
- Commercial Awareness
- Problem Solving, Analysis & Decision Making
- Attention to Detail
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership skills
As this role oversees critical data for Logico, the candidate’s mathematical abilities and business knowledge will be integral due to the breadth of financial information they will oversee.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Financial Accounting
- Tax Accounting
- Asset & Lease Accounting
- Bank Reconciliations
- Intercompany Accounting
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Systems maintenance
- Insurance of assets
- Ensure compliance with Internal Controls
- Coordination of Year End Audits
Interested applicants should submit their detailed curriculum vitae to email@example.com by Wednesday 08th March 2023. Email subject should be the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within three weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.