PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations payroll and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred.
• Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
• Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
• Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
• Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
• Payroll Administration
• Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
• Provides support and guidance to HR staff, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
• Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
• Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
• Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
• Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
• Maintains compliance with local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Closing Date: 15th November 2022